Dubai is a growing economy for businesses of all kinds. However, opening a restaurant in Dubai has been especially profitable for entrepreneurs. Amongst billion-dollar industries built on stunning jewelry & breathtaking architecture, the United Arab Emirates happens to be one of the largest markets globally in terms of money spent on eating habits. To be specific, the restaurant business in Dubai is worth about $3.3 billion. After all, an average Dubai resident eats out about 6.75 times in a week. Therefore, the restaurant business in Dubai is a constantly developing sector, and so is starting a restaurant in Dubai.
Probity Corporate assists you in identifying and analyzing opportunities in the food and beverage sector in Dubai. We are familiar with the culture, the taste buds, and most importantly the business at its core.
Let’s learn why opening a restaurant in Dubai is so favorable:
- The UAE government supports food businesses and helps them grow.
- Dubai is a popular destination worldwide, attracting tourists all year round with its luxurious 5-star service and dining culture.
- There is a high demand for lifestyle and luxury-based F&B products in Dubai.
- Dubai features a very high GDP growth.
- Dubai generates one of the highest GDP per capita in the world.
- People from over 200 nationalities reside in Dubai, hence different cuisines are shared and explored.
- Dubai is a well-known location for events, shows, and conferences.
Starting a restaurant in Dubai exploring the following cuisines yield the highest revenues:
How to start your restaurant business in Dubai:
1. The first step to opening a restaurant in Dubai is to get your food license & business license. Without these two licenses, your restaurant business in Dubai will not be considered legal. A Food License is issued by the Department of Food and Safety. While the Trade License is provided by the Department of Economic Development.
2. The second thing to do when starting a restaurant in Dubai is to select a location. Pick a location that will attract your target audience. Dubai offers three choices in this domain: Free Zone, Mainland, and Offshore. Probity Corporate will help you find strategic locations for your restaurant business in Dubai.
3. The Third step is to properly understand and draft your business plan. This includes:
- Market Surveys
- Financial Planning
- Strategy Building
- Cash Flow projections
- Employment projections
4. The last step is to figure out a budget. This includes Trade and food License fees, rent for restaurant building, and labor and immigration registration charges.
The process of having to set up a restaurant in the Dubai Free Zone is straightforward.
Let’s understand the steps involved to set up a restaurant in the Dubai Free Zone:
1. Determine your legal entity: Set up a restaurant in Dubai Free Zone can fall under two legal entities:
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC) or Free Zone Company (FZ Co.)
Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
The difference between the two lies mainly in the number of shareholders.
2. Choose a trade name
3. Apply for a business license
4. Choose an office space
5. Get pre-approvals, register your business and get your license
Probity Corporate helps you stay on top of the restaurant market in Dubai and help you not only set up your restaurant in Dubai Free Zone but in other locations as well. We also assist international brands looking to open branches in Dubai or across UAE, getting started on their journey. For every step of the way.
If you have plan to start the restaurant business in mainland jurisdiction,
Probity Corporate can assist you for setting up a Restaurant in Mainland also where you can hold 100% shares of the restaurant.